"I'm surprised how many are confessing to salting their watermelon; it's liberating..! I, too, salt mine and endure the scorn of those in attendance. My rationale is that I learned it at my father's knee. He grew up in Texas working an outside trade and used salted melon as a way to rebuild his electrolytes although he would have never used that term ;~)" —czken, on "Poll: How Do You Eat Your Watermelon?"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- 19 Pancakes, Waffles, Muffins, and More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
- The Food Lab's BLT Manifesto
- What You're Really Getting When You Buy Parmesan Cheese in America