"I call shenanigans. My secret pro tip wasn't even addressed: Were the eggs in this video room temp or were they direct from the fridge? I warm my eggs up slightly in a bowl of warm water for about 10 mins before cracking them and proceeding. It makes all the difference. Cold eggs hitting the hot pan makes them rubbery." —franko, on "This Week in America's Test Kitchen: The Perfect French Omelette"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later