Remember the Svalbard Global Seed Vault that was in the news in February 2008? It's the doomsday bunker built by the Global Crop Diversity Trust whose goal is to house all the world's seeds in the Arctic safe from rising water levels and (gulp) nuclear war. You know, in case we humans really pull a stupid move. Anyway, this video from National Geographic takes us inside. It's a must-watch, folks.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef