Remember the Svalbard Global Seed Vault that was in the news in February 2008? It's the doomsday bunker built by the Global Crop Diversity Trust whose goal is to house all the world's seeds in the Arctic safe from rising water levels and (gulp) nuclear war. You know, in case we humans really pull a stupid move. Anyway, this video from National Geographic takes us inside. It's a must-watch, folks.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Stuffing on the Side: How to Make Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab's Step-by-Step Guide to Smoking a Turkey