In his latest video, Sky Full of Bacon's Michael Gebert starts with the assumption that the industrial food system in the U.S. needs to change—"to something better for farmers, better for the environment, better tasting"—and then asks the question, "How do you change change a system that feeds 300 million Americans and still feed 300 million Americans?" In this video he explores one such possibility via the chef-farmer relationship between Mark Mendez (Carnivale) and David Cleverdon (Kinnikinnick Farm).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast