According to the Wall Street Journal, Starbucks will begin offering free WiFi service in its locations beginning July 1, 2010. Previously WiFi was available in Starbucks stores under a variety of options, both free and paid. The new policy ends the ambiguity and also gives customers free access to otherwise paid content on sites such as ... the Wall Street Journal. The move comes after McDonald's started offering free WiFi in locations. Is this welcome news to you? Will you hang out longer in Starbucks now?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- The 10 Dishes That Will Make You Fall in Love With Georgian Food