According to the Wall Street Journal, Starbucks will begin offering free WiFi service in its locations beginning July 1, 2010. Previously WiFi was available in Starbucks stores under a variety of options, both free and paid. The new policy ends the ambiguity and also gives customers free access to otherwise paid content on sites such as ... the Wall Street Journal. The move comes after McDonald's started offering free WiFi in locations. Is this welcome news to you? Will you hang out longer in Starbucks now?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast