If you want to eat more vegetarian meals but don't know how to plan them, Michael Natkin of Herbivoracious suggests three easy questions to get you going: "What grain or starch do I feel like eating?"; "What food culture am I in the mood for?"; and "What's fresh?" For example, if you're in the mood for polenta, you could turn it into an Italian-themed dish topped with an Italian cheese and serve it with your favorite in-season vegetable.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- The Perfect Blueberry Pie: Fast, Easy, and Totally Reliable
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- Why I Prefer Teaspoons to Grams: 6 Measuring Mistakes That Derail Dessert