If you want to eat more vegetarian meals but don't know how to plan them, Michael Natkin of Herbivoracious suggests three easy questions to get you going: "What grain or starch do I feel like eating?"; "What food culture am I in the mood for?"; and "What's fresh?" For example, if you're in the mood for polenta, you could turn it into an Italian-themed dish topped with an Italian cheese and serve it with your favorite in-season vegetable.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Salmon
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- 30 Tasty Side Dishes to Round Out Your Labor Day Feast
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- A Guide to Great Tomato Bruschetta, in Season and Out