If you want to eat more vegetarian meals but don't know how to plan them, Michael Natkin of Herbivoracious suggests three easy questions to get you going: "What grain or starch do I feel like eating?"; "What food culture am I in the mood for?"; and "What's fresh?" For example, if you're in the mood for polenta, you could turn it into an Italian-themed dish topped with an Italian cheese and serve it with your favorite in-season vegetable.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew