You know, in all this time I've been casually reading the webcomic XKCD, I've been missing out on an important element of Randall Munroe's jokes — the hover info when you mouse over the image. Wow. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me. Here, in the hover text of this comic, Munroe says, "I am firmly of the opinion that if something doesn't have a year on it, every time the expiration date rolls around it is good again for the two weeks preceding that date."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Summer Vegetable Lasagna With Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant, and Tomato