James Beard Media Award 2010 Winners
Last night, the James Beard Foundation presented its awards in the Media and Books categories (tomorrow night is the Restaurant and Chef component). Here are the 2010 James Beard Foundation Media Award winners, in order of announcement. Congrats!
- American Cooking: Real Cajun, Donald Link with Paula Disbrowe
- Baking and Dessert: Baking,James Peterson
- Beverage: Been Doon So Long, Randall Grahm
- Cooking from a Professional Point of View: The Fundamental Techniques of Classic Pastry Arts, FCI with Judith Choate
- General Cooking: Ad Hoc at Home, Thomas Keller with Dave Cruz
- Healthy Focus: Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes, Anna Thomas
- International: The Country Cooking of Ireland, Colman Andrews
- Photography: Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way. Photographer: Santiago Soto Monllor
- Reference and Scholarship: Encyclopedia of Pasta, Oretta Zanini de Vita, translated by Maureen B. Fant
- Single Subject: Pasta Sfoglia, Ron and Colleen Suhanosky with Susan Simon
- Writing and Literature: Save the Deli, David Sax
- Cookbook Hall of Fame: A Book of Middle Eastern Food, Claudia Roden
Broadcast Media Awards
- Audio Webcast or Radio Show: The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Video Webcast: The Greenmarket, One Farmer's Story, Serious Eats & Optic Nerve
- Television Segment: ABC News's Nightline, for Platelist
- Television Show, On Location: Chefs A'Field: King of Alaska
- Television Show, Studio or Fixed Location: French Food at Home with Laura Calder
- Television Special: Food Trip with Todd English
- TV Food Personality: Andrew Zimmern
- Newspaper Feature Writing About Restaurants and/or Chefs: Jared Jacang Maher, Westword, "A Hunger to Help"
- Newspaper Feature Writing: Cliff Doerksen, Chicago Reader, "The Real American Pie"
- Food-Related Columns: Rachel Wharton, Edible Brooklyn, "Back of the House"
- Newspaper Food Section: The Washington Post, Joe Yonan
- Reporting on Health, Environment, or Nutrition: Rowan Jacobsen, EatingWell, "...Or Not to Bee"
- Writing on Spirits, Wine, or Beer: Dara Moskowitz Grumdahl, Minnesota Monthly, "Chardonnay Uncorked"
- Multimedia Food Feature: Kevin Pang, Chicago Tribune, The Cheeseburger Show
- Website Focusing on Food, Beverage, Restaurants, or Nutrition: Chow
- Food Blog: Serious Eats
- Magazine Feature Writing, with Recipes: Francine Maroukian, Jon Reiner, and staff of Esquire, "How Men Eat"
- Magazine Feature Writing, without Recipes: Barry Estabrook, Gourmet,"The Price of Tomatoes"
- Magazine Feature Writing About Restaurants/Chefs: Anya von Bremzen, Saveur, "Soul of a City"
- Craig Claiborne Distinguished Restaurant Reviews: Jonathan Gold, LA Weekly
- M. F. K. Fisher Distinguished Writing Award: Francine Prose, Saveur, "Faith and Bacon"
- Cookbook of the Year: The Country Cooking of Ireland, Colman Andrews