"When 2 people share an appetizer with an odd number of items, each is too reserved to take the last one, so it goes back to the kitchen and someone from the wait staff gets a snack. :-)" —dmcavanagh on "Why an Odd Number of Appetizers?"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later