Next time you're in the Kalahari Desert and need to find out where water is, here's how to trick a baboon into leading you to its watering hole. You just have to catch one, feed him salt to make him thirsty, let him go, and chase him to the water source. Easy! Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum