This Week in Recipes
[Photograph: Carolyn Cope]
- Drinking Strawberries: A thirsty Carolyn Cope stirred up a pitcher of this refreshing, barely-sweet Strawberry Vanilla Agua Fresca.
- Vinaigrette Science: In this week's Food Lab, J. Kenji Lopez-Alt experiments with emulsions (aka you'll never have a soggy salad again) to create these three great vinaigrette recipes.
- Walnut Apricot Bread: Donna Currie had some raw walnuts lying around so she made a loaf of Walnut Apricot Bread—it came out of the oven with a beautiful mahogany crust.
- Jim Gaffigan, Are You Listening? Kristen Swensson admits she's never had a real Hot Pocket, but something possessed her to attempt these homemade Hot Pockets, stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, and mozzarella.
- KFC, But Not Kentucky: Nick Kindelsperger proves that fried chicken isn't just a Southern thing. Koreans have their own style of fried chicken, which is rapidly becoming more popular stateside.