The D.C.-based salad and yogurt chain Sweetgreen is so big on sourcing sustainable ingredients, the company just appointed a "sourceress." Her responsibilities involve working with farmers to get just-picked pears and pesticide-free peppers. Is this the next big restaurant position? (We're assuming sourcerer is the male counterpart.)
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Is It Really Better the Next Day?
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew