This Associated Press report is a couple months late in blabbing about scientists growing pork in a petri dish (the Times of London reported on this in late November), but you've got to give it up for the editor at the Denver Post who came up with the headline "Stem Cell Researchers May Be on Way to Fakin' Bacon." A bacon tie-in never fails to make people sit up and take notice. [via @DRUNKHULK]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers