This Associated Press report is a couple months late in blabbing about scientists growing pork in a petri dish (the Times of London reported on this in late November), but you've got to give it up for the editor at the Denver Post who came up with the headline "Stem Cell Researchers May Be on Way to Fakin' Bacon." A bacon tie-in never fails to make people sit up and take notice. [via @DRUNKHULK]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?