Blake Royer, our Dinner Tonight contributor and half of The Paupered Chef duo, wonders if salad dressing is the perfect sauce. "Made correctly, it wakes up your tongue and feels round in the mouth. It is rich yet bright." So is it really better than hollandaise or mayonnaise or beurre noisette? When made from scratch, the answer might just be yes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?