Blake Royer, our Dinner Tonight contributor and half of The Paupered Chef duo, wonders if salad dressing is the perfect sauce. "Made correctly, it wakes up your tongue and feels round in the mouth. It is rich yet bright." So is it really better than hollandaise or mayonnaise or beurre noisette? When made from scratch, the answer might just be yes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut
- White Sauce Can't Clump: How to Make Smooth, Silky Béchamel