Blake Royer, our Dinner Tonight contributor and half of The Paupered Chef duo, wonders if salad dressing is the perfect sauce. "Made correctly, it wakes up your tongue and feels round in the mouth. It is rich yet bright." So is it really better than hollandaise or mayonnaise or beurre noisette? When made from scratch, the answer might just be yes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Special Sauce: Carla Hall on Crank Calls, Hot Chicken, and Unlocking Your Creativity
- 7 Great Uses for a Fine-Mesh Strainer (Besides Straining)