We mentioned this in our New York Times roundup today, but it deserves an extra little shout-out. First Lady Michelle Obama will make a guest appearance on Food Network when she challenges Bobby Flay, Mario Batali, Emeril Lagasse, and White House executive chef Cristeta Comerford to a special Iron Chef battle. The secret ingredients? Produce grown in the White House garden. The episode will air on Sunday, January 3 at 8 p.m. EST.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique