In the series Working Class Foodies from online food network Hungry Nation, brother and sister Max and Rebecca Lando prepare meals for under $8 per person using local and seasonal ingredients in New York City. In their latest episode, they show you how to make granola and fruit compote with blueberries and peaches. Combined with yogurt from the farmers' market, the result is an eggless breakfast dish for $4.75 per person. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- A Social History of Jell-O Salad: The Rise and Fall of an American Icon
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Beyond the Taco: 30 Mexican, Mexican-Inspired, and Tex-Mex Recipes
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure