In the series Working Class Foodies from online food network Hungry Nation, brother and sister Max and Rebecca Lando prepare meals for under $8 per person using local and seasonal ingredients in New York City. In their latest episode, they show you how to make granola and fruit compote with blueberries and peaches. Combined with yogurt from the farmers' market, the result is an eggless breakfast dish for $4.75 per person. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique