Enter the Serious Eats Pumpkin Carving Contest
To enter, just upload your photos to our easy-to-use Photograzing (you'll need to log into your Serious Eats account, or sign up). We want to see your orange masterpieces, be they funny, creative, or just plain freaky. Obviously we give extra points to any food-minded designs such as last year's winner: "OMNOMNOMNOMNOM."
- Deadline: You have until Sunday, November 1 at 6 p.m. (EST) to upload photos. We'll announce the winners on Monday afternoon (November 2).
- What we're looking for: Originality, creativity, and craftsmanship. Try to take the best photo possible, and make sure to include a description with your submission. Winners are limited to residents of the continental U.S.
- Judges: The Serious Eats team
- Inspiration: Last year's winners, Carving tips, carving templates, and more how-to instruction.
- Prizes: Viking knives! (Note: they don't necessarily need to be used on pumpkins.) For first place: the Viking Professional Chef's Cutlery Starter Set (Set includes: Five-inch flexible boning knife, eight-inch chef knife, four-inch paring knife). Second place: an eight-inch Viking Professional Chef's Knife. And third place: Four-inch Viking Professional Paring Knife.