Cereal with Water and Other Cereal Compulsions
A friend of mine recently admitted to her daily cereal approach: water instead of milk. Sounds disgusting, she knows. But as a compulsive cereal eater—she eats two bowls a sitting, both at breakfast and for afternoon snacks—all that milk intake was too much. Sure, water will never be as good as the milk alternative (which she allows herself on Sunday mornings) but if you want the moisture without the milk, she offered some tips.
- Avoid the flake family. (Honey Bunches of Oats, Frosted Flakes, etc.)
- No Raisin Bran. Under any circumstances.
- Yes on clusters, freeze-dried fruit, and other chunky additions (Special K with Berries, granola, etc.)
- Yes on checkerboard squares (Chex, Life, etc.)
- Avoid drinking the leftover water. That's just nasty.
Maybe you'd rather just eat it dry. Understandable. Do you have any strange cereal-eating habits? Apparently there's a whole separate community that likes it with orange juice.