City Room: "Company executives hope to have food stamp acceptance in place in half the company's 407 warehouse-style stores by Thanksgiving...While the company had once protested that it was difficult to configure its computer systems to accept food stamps—given that Costco sells many other products besides food—Costco has now embraced the idea."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For
- Why Tea Addicts Go Crazy for Pu-Erh