Alton Brown, in his typical MacGyver-of-the-food-world ways, hatches this idea for emergency oatmeal. All you need: a coffee pot, two pouches of instant oatmeal, a mini honey and jam packet, an herbal tea bag, a wee bit of salt, and water (how much depends on your gloopy consistency preference). The man becomes a savior to oatmeal eaters in motels everywhere. The video, after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Brandade: The Dish That Will Teach You to Love Salt Cod
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese