Alton Brown, in his typical MacGyver-of-the-food-world ways, hatches this idea for emergency oatmeal. All you need: a coffee pot, two pouches of instant oatmeal, a mini honey and jam packet, an herbal tea bag, a wee bit of salt, and water (how much depends on your gloopy consistency preference). The man becomes a savior to oatmeal eaters in motels everywhere. The video, after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- 35 Great Grilled Main Dishes for a Killer Labor Day Cookout
- Video: Use Cherry Tomatoes for the Fastest Fresh Pasta Sauce Ever
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes