Dinner Tonight contributor Blake Royer shares his first Korean barbecue experience over on The Paupered Chef. "For days afterwards, I could taste the spicy, sweet, marinated short ribs between my teeth." He was inspired to go home and make pajeon, a simple egg-and-flour pancake.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew