If you see canned pumpkin in your grocery store, stock up now ahead of Thanksgiving. Cold days and too much rain the last few growing seasons have led to a shortage of the Turkey Day pie ingredient. Says one grocer, "We order so much during the thanksgiving season that we can't get rid of it after the thanksgiving season. This is very rare, something I've never seen before."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later