If you see canned pumpkin in your grocery store, stock up now ahead of Thanksgiving. Cold days and too much rain the last few growing seasons have led to a shortage of the Turkey Day pie ingredient. Says one grocer, "We order so much during the thanksgiving season that we can't get rid of it after the thanksgiving season. This is very rare, something I've never seen before."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- One-Skillet Korean Nachos Will Shake Up Your Party Menu