Sunday night's season five finale of The Next Food Network Star was the highest-rated, most-watched telecast in Food Network history with a reported 4.7 million viewers. Think of all the people who didn't watch True Blood, Real Housewives of Atlanta, and Family Guy!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef