Sunday night's season five finale of The Next Food Network Star was the highest-rated, most-watched telecast in Food Network history with a reported 4.7 million viewers. Think of all the people who didn't watch True Blood, Real Housewives of Atlanta, and Family Guy!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops