Sunday night's season five finale of The Next Food Network Star was the highest-rated, most-watched telecast in Food Network history with a reported 4.7 million viewers. Think of all the people who didn't watch True Blood, Real Housewives of Atlanta, and Family Guy!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers