Just when I thought I was tired of hearing Spain's El Bulli called "The Greatest Restaurant in the World," Adam Roberts pops in with an El Bulli review at The Amateur Gourmet whose takeaway message is, "Yes, you must eat at El Bulli before you die if you want to experience the most amazing meal ever." His review format of comic book panels interspersed with short video clips of his 30-course meal (dishes including Coconut Sponge, Rabbit Canape with Your Giblets, and Pinenut Shabu Shabu) make for a most easily digestible (pun intended) and fun read. It took Roberts five years of trying before he got a reservation; better start now!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right: 28 Grilled Mains for a Labor Day Cookout
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The $7,000 Pizza Oven You Don't Need (But Really Wish You Had)
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later