Just when I thought I was tired of hearing Spain's El Bulli called "The Greatest Restaurant in the World," Adam Roberts pops in with an El Bulli review at The Amateur Gourmet whose takeaway message is, "Yes, you must eat at El Bulli before you die if you want to experience the most amazing meal ever." His review format of comic book panels interspersed with short video clips of his 30-course meal (dishes including Coconut Sponge, Rabbit Canape with Your Giblets, and Pinenut Shabu Shabu) make for a most easily digestible (pun intended) and fun read. It took Roberts five years of trying before he got a reservation; better start now!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Is It Really Better the Next Day?
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew