According to our handy site-metering utility, the top 10 most delicious items across the Serious Eats family of sites this week were ...
1. The Crisper Whisperer: Zucchini and Corn Fritters Rule the World. For Reals "Zucchini is the Brangelina of seasonal produce. It reproduces like mad and is inherently and unabashedly plural."
2. Caffeine and Calories Chart "The Buzz vs The Bulge from data visualization blog Information is Beautiful plots the calorie content of beverages against their caffeine content, along with a few common non-caffeinated foods to use for comparison."
3. Impromptu Taste Test: The Cult of Yakult "After tearing back the foil of a frosty Yakult straight from the fridge, I took a sip. Yakult has a very thin consistency, almost like water, and the familiar sweet, slightly fruity flavor came rushing back to me."
4. When Is It Socially Acceptable to Share Food? "With certain friends, ordering repeats is not, under any circumstances, allowed at a meal. Two enchilada orders? Dear heavens, is this some kind of sick joke? Talk about a waste of another sharable dish. For others, sharing food is like sharing gum or toothbrushes. You kind of just don't go there, whether for germ-phobic or territorial reasons. The spectrum ranges from full plate-sharers to nibble-sharers to that food is freakin' mine, step off, anti-sharers."
5. Ed Levine's Serious Diet, Week 80: Remembering Our Serious Eater Beagle Brass "The only thing that stopped him from opening the fridge was his lack of an opposable thumb."