"We roast off several heads of garlic in foil and then put that through the food mill and blend it with some raw parsley and some butter. You get this really bright-green spread. We get some white hero rolls down the street, slice them lengthwise, toast them really well, spread the garlic butter on, hit them with some Parmesan cheese, and put them back in the toaster and get them nice and golden brown with melted cheese." [Grub Street]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast