Unfortunately, Consumer Reports only hits the big three--McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's. The two redheads get "very good" ratings while the King merely receives a "good," with CR saying what I've always thought about BK fries: "coating detracts from the quality and makes texture a little tough, not crispy."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Not Your Average Frozen Cocktail: 11 Recipes to Try This Summer