Unfortunately, Consumer Reports only hits the big three--McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's. The two redheads get "very good" ratings while the King merely receives a "good," with CR saying what I've always thought about BK fries: "coating detracts from the quality and makes texture a little tough, not crispy."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 24 Recipes for a Perfect Valentine's Day Dinner at Home
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)