Gut Check is a new column that will, in author Ezra Klein's words, be "a provocative look at the policy and politics of the plate. It's about the high cost of cheap meat, and whether eating local actually makes any sense, and why the world might be better off if Congress dissolved its agricultural committees." In the inaugural installment Klein reviews Food Inc. and talks to Eric Schlosser, who consulted on the film.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Is It Really Better the Next Day?
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew