Gut Check is a new column that will, in author Ezra Klein's words, be "a provocative look at the policy and politics of the plate. It's about the high cost of cheap meat, and whether eating local actually makes any sense, and why the world might be better off if Congress dissolved its agricultural committees." In the inaugural installment Klein reviews Food Inc. and talks to Eric Schlosser, who consulted on the film.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Transform Your Leftover Turkey Into Crispy, Juicy Carnitas
- Leftovers Are the Best Part: 20 Recipes for the Day After Thanksgiving
- Stuffing on the Side: How to Make Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Ghosts of Thanksgivings Past: Our Highest Highs and Lowest Lows
- The Food Lab's Step-by-Step Guide to Smoking a Turkey