Gut Check is a new column that will, in author Ezra Klein's words, be "a provocative look at the policy and politics of the plate. It's about the high cost of cheap meat, and whether eating local actually makes any sense, and why the world might be better off if Congress dissolved its agricultural committees." In the inaugural installment Klein reviews Food Inc. and talks to Eric Schlosser, who consulted on the film.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Smoky and Spicy Chicken Tinga Is the Ultimate One-Pot Taco Filling
- Texan, Vegan, Red, Verde: 15 Game-Day Chili Recipes for Every Taste