Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary added 100 new words for 2009, some of them food-related. Here are a few of those: acai, carbon footprint, goji, haram (sorta—can be applied to foods), locavore, schwarma. Points to anyone who can use all of those in one sentence.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Is It Really Better the Next Day?
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew