Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary added 100 new words for 2009, some of them food-related. Here are a few of those: acai, carbon footprint, goji, haram (sorta—can be applied to foods), locavore, schwarma. Points to anyone who can use all of those in one sentence.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?