Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary added 100 new words for 2009, some of them food-related. Here are a few of those: acai, carbon footprint, goji, haram (sorta—can be applied to foods), locavore, schwarma. Points to anyone who can use all of those in one sentence.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide