4th of July: What's on Your Menu?
This July 4th the weather forecast is predicting sunny skies all day in my area, so you'll find me basking in the warmth and chowing down on some summer classics. Here's my proposal for a good times menu complete with ribs and rosé! What's on your July 4th menu?
- Pineapple-Braised Ribs with Honey-Garlic Tomato Glaze: "Succulent, retaining their smokiness while adding a layer of depth with the sweetness from the pineapple braise." The only problem when contributor Josh Bousel made them was that they were gone too fast! As long as I get my six rib share, I'll be happy.
- Fresh Corn Salad: Corn salad is my favorite side dish when eating outdoors and it makes for a great alternative to the ubiquitous spud.
- Ed's Favorite Potato Salad: For those on the potato side of things, here's Ed's favorite!
- Marinated Vegetable Sandwich: These are a lighter alternative in case your family likes to get its badminton on during its cookouts. Sadly, you can't bring your A-game when you're loaded down with six ribs in your belly.
- Toasted Almond Lemon Bars: Adding toasted almonds to the shortbread crust elevates the lemon bars into something special. Honestly, since when has adding toasted almonds ever been a bad idea?
- Rosé Sangria: Sangria's easy to put together and a definite crowd pleaser. I would definitely try adding a sparkling rosé though in order to fulfill the three requirements of my perfect drink: pink, sparkly, and fresh!