From $6.55 an hour to $7.25. Many small business owners, including restaurateurs, are worried it will affect their ability to survive the crap economy. Of course, this will help a lot of our friends in the food and beverage industry—if indeed their employers don't claim the tip exemption; those workers' hourly minimum remains frozen at $2.13, same as it has been since 1991.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide