Oddly enough, this was not from The Onion but from Daily Mail: Scientists have found special properties in the dye of blue M&Ms. "The compound, Brilliant Blue G, can block a chemical which makes injuries worse by causing inflammation and destroying cells."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- It's Always Morning Somewhere: My Favorite Breakfasts Around the World
- Hello, Tamago Kake Gohan, Your Time Has Come
- The Easy Way to Make Fresh Corn Tortillas at Home
- The Foolproof Steps to Making a Perfect French Omelette at Home
- Marinate Tough Greens, Use Fresh Herbs, and More Pro Tips for Better Salads