Oddly enough, this was not from The Onion but from Daily Mail: Scientists have found special properties in the dye of blue M&Ms. "The compound, Brilliant Blue G, can block a chemical which makes injuries worse by causing inflammation and destroying cells."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- How to Make Crepe-Style Manicotti
- Don't Blame the Humidity: How "Room Temperature" Can Ruin a Pie Dough
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods