Oddly enough, this was not from The Onion but from Daily Mail: Scientists have found special properties in the dye of blue M&Ms. "The compound, Brilliant Blue G, can block a chemical which makes injuries worse by causing inflammation and destroying cells."
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- The Food Lab: How to Make New York's Finest Sicilian Pizza at Home
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now