Impress your friends (or just be "that person who knows a bunch of random facts) by memorizing these 12 Pickle Facts Everyone Should Immediately Commit to Memory from mental_floss. For example, during his 1492 voyage Christopher Columbus gave pickles to his sailors to prevent them from getting scurvy. And look where we are today. Thanks, pickles!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Here's Why McDonald's Burgers Don't Rot
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- How to Make Ribollita, an Italian Vegetable Soup That's Also a Pancake