Impress your friends (or just be "that person who knows a bunch of random facts) by memorizing these 12 Pickle Facts Everyone Should Immediately Commit to Memory from mental_floss. For example, during his 1492 voyage Christopher Columbus gave pickles to his sailors to prevent them from getting scurvy. And look where we are today. Thanks, pickles!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For