Impress your friends (or just be "that person who knows a bunch of random facts) by memorizing these 12 Pickle Facts Everyone Should Immediately Commit to Memory from mental_floss. For example, during his 1492 voyage Christopher Columbus gave pickles to his sailors to prevent them from getting scurvy. And look where we are today. Thanks, pickles!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster