Impress your friends (or just be "that person who knows a bunch of random facts) by memorizing these 12 Pickle Facts Everyone Should Immediately Commit to Memory from mental_floss. For example, during his 1492 voyage Christopher Columbus gave pickles to his sailors to prevent them from getting scurvy. And look where we are today. Thanks, pickles!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 3 Simple Yucatán-Style Condiments to Spice Up Taco Night
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink
- The Yucatecan Secret for Adding Crispy, Cheesy Flavor to Any Taco
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar