"The whole idea of blogging about let’s say a new restaurant opening and really cutting down on them—if there’s anything really negative, the form of being anonymous and doing it rampantly is cowardly. There’s definitely a place for constructive critique, but every now and then you come across a review for a restaurant, meal or service that’s just biting, and that’s really uncool. I don’t see it too often, but if you have a real complaint and if you feel that strongly, I hope that person expressed that in the restaurant. You can say anything if you do it nicely." [True/Slant]
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure