Another triumph for the happy union of sweet and salty. Logan at Boots In The Oven recalls a favorite snack from childhood that he's never given up: canned frosting on crackers. "Yup, my favorite is cream cheese frosting with Premium brand saltines," he says. "Original flavor." Sweet and gooey on salty and crunchy... almost like Nutella on tortilla chips.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free