A fairly self-explanatory article from McSweeney's: Great Moments in Cinema Ruined by Cookies. Take that memorable scene in The Godfather where Jack Woltz finds a severed horse head under his sheets. Now replace the head with a plate of cookies. It's just not the same.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later