In Season: Strawberries
With strawberries now in season, there is no excuse not to use them as often as possible. Slice them up into cereal, put them on top of a waffle, or just eat them out of hand. But don't feel constrained by the traditional breakfast uses of these lovely berries. We've put together some recipes that use strawberries not only for breakfast and dessert but in more savory contexts. Recipes, tips, and ideas--after the jump.
Strawberry Tips, Recipes, and Ideas
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Strawberry and Raspberry Crème Fraîche
- Strawberry Preserves (No-Pectin Recipe) [Cincinnati Locavore]
- Strawberry Preserves (with Pectin) [eHow]
- Growing Strawberries [Martha Stewart]
What do you do with your strawberries?